This is one of those posts that I wish I would never have to do because I would have thought that these problems along Quintard Ave. would be fixed by now. But sadly, these problems are still going on. The lights along Quintard Ave. at the intersections of Greenbrier Dear Rd., 8th St., and 10th St. are still malfunctioning. This has been going on for months now! The Greenbrier Dear Rd. light has broken traffic sensors. And the lights at 8th St. and 10th St. have malfunctioning ped signals. During certain times of the day, traffic on Quintard only gets around 30 seconds of green light time while the side streets gets 35-40 seconds of green light time because of the malfunctioning ped signals.
Because of the short green light time for traffic on Quintard Ave. Traffic often backs up and this almost causes accidents.
Since so much traffic backs up. Traffic turning from 10th St. can not clear the intersection and get out-of-the-way. Here is an example of one car not able to clear the intersection. This is dangerous!
Here is video showing the traffic light problems along Quintard Ave. at 8th St. and 10th St. I wonder how long it will be before this gets fixed for good?
- Quintard Avenue Median Christmas Lights (geekalabama.com)
- The Same Traffic Light Problems In Anniston (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday: Traffic Light Goes Down (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday: Leon Smith Parkway (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday: Coleman Road In Anniston (geekalabama.com)
Categories: Roadscapes Stuff