2014 has been another great year here at Geek Alabama! Over 300,000 people logged on to see what was happening! And when you include the presentations on SlideShare, pins on Pinterest, photos and updates on Facebook and Twitter, and my videos on YouTube, over 500,000 of you saw what I did! Impressive! So, here are the 10 most popular posts on Geek Alabama in 2014.
- Product Review: MicroTouch ONE Razor – 21,386 views
- Animation Monday: My Little Pony Princess Coronation / Gravity Falls Returns – 14,551 views
- Play the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Google Doodle Game – 8,920 views
- Animation Monday: Supreme Court Political Cartoons 2013 – 6,394 views
- How To Get Around The Newspaper Paywalls – 4,499 views
- TV Reviews: Sam and Cat / Naked and Afraid – 4,011 views
- Animation Monday: Clarence / Mixels On Cartoon Network – 3,070 views
- Here’s Hoping For A Season 2 of Bamazon; History Channel – 2,820 views
- In The Buff News: Naked And Afraid Season 2, Naked Dating Show, Swimsuit Edition – 2,776 views
- The YouTube Geek Week POW! Effect – 2,684 views
I thank you all for coming to the Geek Alabama blog! I tried to do some incredible things in 2014 and I wanted to highlight some of the lesser known posts that deserves some extra views!
I wrote this post after the folks at AL.com wanted to talk to people applying for Social Security Disability. If you want to learn how the process is like, click the link!
I was contacted by a company asking me why I am a geek and nerd. This post will explain why I like being geeky and nerdy!
Yep, I got to ask questions to Meghan McCarthy and Tara Strong in a Hub Network Google Hangout! View the hangout by clicking the link!
I wrote this post for a Huffington Post series focusing on people who are doing things, without being paid very much. Click the link to read my post!
In 2014, Geek Alabama crossed the 3000th post! Click the link to read about this great and big milestone!
A local girl here in East Alabama took a selfie at Auschwitz, that caused anger and went viral. Click the link to read about why this is no big deal!
Yep, Geek Alabama also dives into the corruption inside Alabama. The corrupt ending of the UAB Football program made a lot of news!
My most shared social media post of 2014 was this about ALDOT’s plan to widen North Eufaula Avenue. Too bad they got their way.
Another post that was shared by many on social media was this one about someone cussing out cyclists, and recording it at the same time.
I wrote posts about why dodgeball and corporal punishment should be banned, I feel like this post should get more looks!
I look forward to what 2015 brings for Geek Alabama and me editor/publisher Nathan Young! I want to continue the mission of covering the events and happenings in NE Alabama / NW Georgia, and across Alabama, Georgia, and the country! Geek Alabama will also continue to provide reviews on products, businesses, shows, and much more! I will also continue talking about big topics in the news and geeky/nerdy topics as well! Geek Alabama is Social. Local. Smart, and I can expand in what I do in 2015! Learn more about me Nathan Young by viewing my visual resume and video resume below!