4-27-11 was a tough day for all of Alabama. The Calhoun County tornado came through around 6:30pm one year ago on 4-27. On Friday evening around 100 people came to First Baptist Church of Williams to the memorial ceremony. The memorial was for honoring the people who died on 4-27-11 and for the people who helped to rescue and comfort the people after the tornadoes have struck. Two bricks were placed in the garden to honor the victims and volunteers. And after the candles were lighted a bagpipe player from the Calhoun County Sheriff came out to play. It was an emotional experience.
At the end of 4-27-12; the sun settled on a day to remember. God bless Alabama!
- Hackleburg/Phil Campbell Tornado (geekalabama.com)
- Shoal Creek/Ohatchee Tornado (geekalabama.com)
- DeKalb County Candlelight Vigil in Ider (whnt.com)
- Rainsville Tornado (geekalabama.com)
- Candlelight Vigil Honors 27 Lives In Phil Campbell (whnt.com)
Categories: Remember 4-27-11 Stuff