With companies readily shifting their work to the public cloud, cloud computing has gone from an option to a necessity and core capability in enterprises. The shift needs an entirely new group of advanced skills to design, deploy, and manage applications in cloud computing.
The market leaders and the most popular providers in the cloud computing arena consider AWS as a reference point and a thought leader for all the competitors. AWS is still leading the cloud adoption; also, it will be in the years to come.
It presently offers twelve certifications covering basic and speciality topics that you might want to know more about.
Importance of Selecting the Correct AWS Certification
Getting AWS certified showcases that you’ve highly profitable and in-demand skills as authenticated by the most credible cloud computing entities. In terms of the enterprise, the certification shows a complete understanding of the platform, along with shared terminology and a particular level of cloud knowledge that can fasten the time for your cloud projects.
While the enterprises are adopting multilevel cloud strategies, the significance of the AWS SSL certificate does not diminish one bit due to this. AWS is still the chosen provider for public cloud acceptance with a customer base of more than a million customers. And thus, 68% of small and medium businesses and 64% of enterprises still rely on AWS.
Furthermore, a consistent flow of improved services, continuous improvement of financial performance, and continued geographic expansion indicate many more yet to come.
Certifications for the Candidates
AWS certifications stand out because of their thoroughness and rigor in evaluating candidates’ skills, with a strict focus on the best practices and experiential work. If you are already using AWS, getting ready for the certification will help you strengthen the knowledge base by elucidating the main concepts.
If you are new to this, it can offer the foundational skills and knowledge you will have to work with AWS solutions and services soon. AWS certifications authenticate the expertise and familiarity of the candidate in the best practices of cloud security, management, and architecture for the companies looking to hire.
Certifications for the Employers
The primary training materials helpful in preparing for the AWS certifications remain the crucial component in the internal training pathway of a company.
With IT environments getting more personalized and the demand for new skills keeps rising, many businesses create their certification program. Many such companies utilize vendor certification training pathways concerning internal training documents for standing the certification tracks, particularly business needs.
Timespan Needed to Get the AWS Certification
If you have your full-time job, along with other responsibilities, dedicating eighty hours of study generally takes about two months. In case you are entirely new to the world of AWS, it is better to take three months or 120 hours to prepare. You can begin with the basics before moving on to the learning path of a Solutions Architect – Associate.
A Comprehensive List of Cloud Certifications
WS provides twelve certifications, including one foundational, 3 associate-level, 2 professional-level, and 6 specialty certifications. Given below is a list of AWS cloud certifications as per the learning path you need to take:
The Foundational Level:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
The Associate Level:
- AWS Certified Associate Developer
- AWS Certified Associate SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Associate Solutions Architect – SAA-C02
The Professional Level:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
The Specialty Level:
- AWS Certified Specialty Advanced Networking
- AWS Certified Specialty Security
- AWS Certified Specialty Machine Learning
- AWS Certified Database – DBS-C01 – Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – DAS-C01- Specialty
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder
Tips for You to Get AWS Certified
Though there is no concrete step-by-step process to prepare for the AWS Certification, there are a few things that can come in handy for you.
- Get yourself enrolled in a training class to increase your know-how of AWS and cloud computing. Preparing for the certification will feel easier in this way.
- Review any of the exam or study guide available to you
- Read as many AWS whitepapers as you can because they have such valuable details that might answer many questions.
- Practice as much as possible because the mock exams will aid in easing out the stress and worries you might be feeling about the certification exam.
- Schedule your exam after you feel ready. It usually takes around 90 – 120 hours of studying or practice to prepare for the examination depending on the certification you’re pursuing and based on your experience.
Recertification and Staying Updated
AWS services and features are that new ones are coming up in the market each year. If you want to make a mark, you will have to showcase continuous knowledge and expertise of the most advanced AWS services. Thus, you will need to recertify every two years. Recertification examinations go on for eighty minutes and cost about 75 USD.
And that was all the crucial details you need to know about AWS cloud certification. For more information, you can visit the website of AWS and clarify any other doubts that you might still have. So, go ahead and turn around your career with AWS certification.
Categories: Geeks and Nerds Stuff