This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
Hello! I’m Irene, mother of a Chinese-Korean American family. When the pandemic began, my son’s daycare closed, and I found myself caring for him full-time. I realized how quickly he was picking up language so I looked for books in Chinese and Korean. It was difficult to find accessible and engaging resources for a multicultural and non-fluent family like ours.
I started Spark Collection in order to:
- Make language fun! Kids learn best through play, and we want our kids to look forward to and enjoy our language and culture with curiosity and joy.
- Create meaningful moments as a family, being present with each other.
- Give non-fluent speakers and multicultural families an opportunity to learn language together.
- Use thoughtful design and effective learning methods.
- Increase representation and raise our next generation to be kinder and wiser.
My Favorite Gift is our debut bilingual lift-the-flap storybook available in Mandarin-English and Hindi-English. After a fun-filled birthday, what will Coco say her favorite gift is? Follow Coco in beautiful scenes around town as you learn language in this bilingual storybook. A delightful surprise awaits Coco at home as the story showcases the joy and value of being with loved ones.
As of June 24th, this project has raised $4,000 of their $6,000 goal. This project has 28 days left to raise the $6,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $12, you will get one eBook. For a pledge of $20, you will get one hardcover book. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sparkcollection/my-favorite-gift-a-bilingual-book-by-spark-collection?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff