Show of hands, who likes game shows? I do! I enjoy watching my daily dose of Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and The Price Is Right. Now, Hub Network is about to premiere the fifth season of their popular game show Family Game Night. Heard of Family Game Night, if not here is a clip from the show!
The show is hosted by Todd Newton, and in each episode, families compete against each other with popular Hasbro games like Sorry, Battleship, Yahtzee, Operation, and more! And for the fifth season, the game show is going to kick it up a notch and bring in celebrities and their families! Families will get to play alongside celebrities like Joey Lawrence, Marlee Matlin, Jon Heder, Niecy Nash, Tracey Gold, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Lorenzo Lamas and Melissa Rivers. And for the WWE fans, WWE Superstar The Miz and WWE Diva Cameron will also be in an episode! And all winnings from the celebrities are going to charity. Here is some information about the celebrities and information about each charity the celebrity is playing for.
- Actress Tracey Gold is known for playing Carol Seaver in the 1980s sitcom Growing Pains. She has since done numerous TV movies. Tracey, her four children and husband will play for the National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA).
- Best known for his lead role in Napoleon Dynamite, Jon Heder has also been in the movies Blades of Glory, When in Rome and The Benchwarmers. Heder, his wife and two children will play for Heifer International.
- Lorenzo Lamas career took off in the 1980s while playing Lance Cumson on the soap opera, Falcon Crest. He later went on to star in Renegade and The Bold and the Beautiful. Lamas and his three daughters will play for The Boots Campaign.
- Actor Joey Lawrence is best known for his role on the 1990s sitcom Blossom, which premiered Monday, July 7 and airs weekdays at 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. ET/7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. PT on the Hub Network, the only network on which the series can be seen. Lawrence currently stars on the comedy, Melissa and Joey. He and his daughter will be playing for St. Judes Hospital.
- The only deaf actress to win an Academy Award® for Best Actress in a Leading Role, Marlee Matlin has been in films, including Children of a Lesser God and television shows, such as The Practice, Spin City and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, spanning over three decades. Matlin and her three children and interpreter will play for the Hands On charity.
- TV host and actress Niecy Nash currently stars in the comedy series Soul Man. She also appeared on the tenth season of Dancing with the Stars and is most known for her role on the TV series Reno 9-1-1. Nash and her three kids will play for the Amazing Grace Conservatory.
- Melissa Rivers is a television host, producer and the daughter of comedienne Joan Rivers. She also stars on her familys reality show, Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best. Rivers and her son Cooper will play for Our House.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur is known for her role as Tracy Turnblad in the highly successful Broadway musical adaptation of Hairspray, which won her a Tony Award® in 2003. Winokur, her husband and son will play for the Farias-Eisner Lab.
- WWE Superstar The Miz began his career with the WWE® in 2004 after being on a series of reality shows. WWE Diva Cameron has been with the WWE since 2011 and currently stars in the reality show Total Divas. Both will join families picked from the audience for each game to help the families win cash and prizes.
Family Game Night is one of the best game shows currently airing new episodes on TV. Every episode is rated TV-G, and families win a lot of money and prizes on each episode! If a family is really lucky, they could win a new car. Watch as Emmy winner Todd Newton hosts a new season of Family Game Night, which airs new episodes every Sunday at 6 pm Central! The fifth season premieres on August 3rd! Learn more about Family Game Night at: http://www.hubnetwork.com/shows/family-game-night
Categories: Interesting Stuff