Rain, rain, go away! Alabama has had way too much rain today! And if the kids are stuck at home because school was cancelled or the roads around you were washed out, why not do something fun today, baking! I wanted to do a cookie with a lot of chocolate! And since mostly everyone I know loves chocolate, I made a cookie with a chocolate batter and chocolate chips! Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter, shortening, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs together.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture until well blended.
3. Add in chocolate chips, and mix well!
4. Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for around 10 minutes.
5. Let cool on cookie rack, and enjoy!
There you go, you and your family will enjoy these cookies! Grab some cookies and a glass of cold milk and enjoy!