One big trend on Facebook is the random things about someone. Someone on Facebook assigns you a number and you have to come up with that number of things about yourself. So I am going into this trend and revealing seven random things about me. You will like this!
1. I am a BIG road geek. I have been hooked on roads since I was a toddler. I have drawn roads since Kindergarten as well. I do remember some of my road drawings from back then too. It’s all not about drawing roads either. I will use a camera to take pictures of roads, sometimes while driving as well. Don’t worry, I hold the camera way up so I still see the road and hold the steering wheel. I will also stand at the corner of a busy intersection at times and just watch the traffic lights sequence and the traffic go by. I have seen plenty of drivers do stupid things at intersections like not going on green, turning in the wrong lane, and my favorite, running red lights. Here’s a video I made of drivers doing stupid things like running a dark traffic light.
2. I follow the weather very closely. I have been a big weather geek since I was little as well. I would watch hours of The Weather Channel at a time. And during one Summer, I was given the official duty of writing down the weather forecast on a whiteboard so everyone would see it while walking in. I have seen plenty of weather videos and photos online and have gone storm chasing but I have never seen a tornado in person. Kind of weird right? Today, many people on social media will follow what I put up during severe weather outbreaks, it’s that important.
3. Our family have owned a wide variety of pets in our lives. We have owned cats, dogs, fish, rabbits, horses, chickens, quail, pheasants, and turkeys! Not for eating, but for pets. When we had a boy and girl turkey while living in the country, we called out turkeys “turkey lurkies.” The chickens were great except for the one rooster who attacked us until we killed it for dinner. We had Rhode Island Reds and a Chinese Chicken. We got to witness four new babies being born, who were all roosters. Somehow the pets always gravitate towards me and they like being loved by me, that’s why I am a pet lover.
4. As you see me now, you can tell that I like to eat. As part of what I do on Geek Alabama like recipes and food reviews. I love going out to restaurants and festivals to try new things. I have not eaten anything weird yet like insects. During the show Fear Factor where the contestants had to eat weird things, I would say I could do that. When I was younger, I was a very picky eater. But now, I like to eat things so I can talk about them on social media and Geek Alabama. Will this passion lead to developing something I can sell, we will see!
5. I have one huge phobia and that is needles. I never like them and try to avoid them at all costs. For example, I avoided getting a IV started in me until after I was put to sleep for surgery, against doctors orders. I had four big guys hold me down when I was younger just for a tetanus shot. I have had other guys hold me down to get blood drawn or for immunizations. I will even go far out-of-the-way and find a dentist who does laser dentistry to fix cavities, just to avoid a shot in the gums. I can not stand needles and if I know a shot is coming, I get scared fast!
6. Since I love weather, my favorite type of weather outside of the severe stuff is snow! Whenever there is snow in the forecast in Alabama, I never understand why people go on a milk and bread run. Snow is beautiful! It’s fun to play with and to stay active in. Skiing and snowboarding in snow is fun! Everyone should have the chance to experience a White Christmas in their lifetimes, it’s that special! Here is something I wish drivers would understand, you do not drive fast in snow. I know how to drive in snowy and icy conditions. Sadly, many people in the south have no clue on how to drive in the snow. I enjoy watching the accidents!
7. Since I had a very rough childhood, one of my escapes was watching cartoons. If I had the chance, I would stay up most of the night to watch cartoons on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. I always enjoyed watching those interesting Saturday morning cartoons on the broadcast networks. And today, I watch newer cartoons on the cable networks. Don’t mess with my Saturday morning cartoons! And since most people will ask, my top five favorite cartoons currently on TV are Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, The Legend of Korra, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. MLP is a good show, it’s not about the ponies, it’s about the writing, just like my other favorites!
Did you like my seven random things about me list? If you want to participate, please leave a comment below! Thanks for reading and if you know of someone who is hiring, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, view my visual resume and video below!
- The Geek Alabama Media Kit (geekalabama.com)
- Nathan Young / Geek Alabama Visual Resume (geekalabama.com)
- Sunday Discussion: The 11-17-13 Midwest Severe Weather Outbreak (geekalabama.com)
- Review of The Weather Channel’s New Graphics (ssstormchasing.com)
Categories: Personal Life Stuff