It’s very rare that I do two recipes in one week! But I wanted to make something with a crock pot that was given to me by the apartment manager. And since most people in the south loves BBQ, I wanted to make something where you can get BBQ pork in a crock pot. To get started, you need a pork shoulder or pork butt, a large onion, and a can of Dr. Pepper. First, you need to make a rub which is a mixture of spices. This is the spices that you need.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix all the spices together in a bowl, then rub all over the meat.
2. Chop one onion well, then place in bottom of crock pot.
3. Place pork meat inside crock pot.
4. Pour a 12 ounce can of Dr. Pepper inside crock pot.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Basically turn on in the morning before you go to work and it will be ready when you get back home!
6. After 6-8 hours, turn off crock pot and take meat and onions out and place onto plate.
7. Let meat cool, then chop meat up well for sandwiches.
There you go, I enjoyed these sandwiches. You will have plenty of pork to go for a few days if you live alone! You can always put some BBQ sauce on top if you want. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- Pulled Pork (Crock Pot) (ghosttalktellmeyourstory.wordpress.com)
- The Crock-Pot My Time Slow Cooker: Review (notesforthesitcom.wordpress.com)
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (Crock Pot Recipe) (kingdomacademyhomeschool.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (jrfitnessjourney.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Mulled Cider (ireport.cnn.com)
- “Not Too Salty” Crock Pot Corned Beef (foodiecitymom.com)
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff