My first crock pot recipe featuring crock pot BBQ pork was very popular on Geek Alabama! So I dusted of my crock pot to do another recipe. And this time, I cooked a whole chicken, in a crock pot. I got a whole chicken on discount at the grocery store and used spices I had in my apartment. At the end, the chicken was moist and tasted very good! Here’s what you need!
- Whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Take the whole chicken out of the packaging and drain the juices.
2. Combine the spices and mix into a spice rub.
3. Take the inner stuff out of the chicken.
4. Rub the spices all over the chicken, then place into the crock pot.
5. Bake the whole chicken in the crock pot on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Then, take the chicken out and let cool!
Let the chicken cool for around 30 minutes then enjoy! The chicken was tender and juicy with a slight kick! If you like baked chicken, you will like this. And save the juices inside the crock pot for future use!
- 36 Quick and Tasty Crock Pot Recipes (redtri.com)
- Slow cookers are my best friend. (thescentoforanges.wordpress.com)
- Bacon Crock Pot Chicken (blissdelish.com)
- Easiest Pot Roast Ever (kingdomacademyhomeschool.wordpress.com)
Categories: A Guy's Cuisine Cooking Stuff