First off I want to talk about Food Blog South that is happening on Saturday January 26th.
I went to Food Blog South 2012 and I had a blast! Sadly this year I will not be going. I really want to go but I have been jobless for around 19 months now and can not afford the $175 fee! So unless I get in for free I will be skipping the 2013 session. What I might be doing instead, well I might be walking up and down Quintard Ave. in Anniston wearing a sign saying “looking for work.”
Learn more about Food Blog South at: http://foodblogsouth.com/
Here are my two posts from the 2012 session: https://geekalabama.com/2012/01/29/food-blog-south-in-birmingham/ and https://geekalabama.com/2012/01/29/food-blog-south-after-party/
On to the recipe. Over the weekend I made some mozzarella sticks! I got some coupons for cheese sticks and bread crumbs so I decided to make something that anyone would enjoy. The good thing is this recipe is very simple! Here’s what you need:
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks cut in half
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
1. Pour oil and fill pan halfway. Heat up oil to around 350 degrees.
2. Mix two eggs in one bowl and pour one cup of bread crumbs into another bowl.
3. Unwrap string cheese sticks and cut in half.
4. This is important! Coat each cheese stick in egg and bread crumbs, then back into egg then bread crumbs again. You want to double coat! Place three cheese sticks into the hot oil at a time.
5. Keep watch as the cheese sticks only take 2-3 minutes to cook. Take out when they reach a golden brown color.
Let cool and enjoy! I enjoyed snacking on these!
- Baked Chilli Mozzarella Sticks (yummyfoodmadeeasy.wordpress.com)
- Quintard Avenue Median Christmas Lights (geekalabama.com)
- Meet And Mingle: Jingle – Jingle Christmas Party (geekalabama.com)
- The Evening Post: 1-17-13 Snow In Alabama (geekalabama.com)
- Anniston, AL Christmas Parade 2012 (geekalabama.com)
Categories: A Guy's Cuisine Cooking Stuff