Finding the right person can transform your perspective on romance and relationships – especially if you had never considered yourself a ‘relationship’ person. While there is much discourse on how to know when you’ve found ‘the one’, the simple matter is that you will know deep down when you’ve found the person you want to spend your life with.
This is because you’ll recognize that a bad day with them is better than a good day alone or that you’ll love them even when their morning breath has reached its peak.
However, once you’ve decided to ask them to marry you – the hard work really starts. After all, you now have to plan the perfect proposal, which is more complicated than pulling together geeky date ideas for you and your SO. In this case, it’s essential that your proposal is tailored specifically to your partner and your shared interests, as this will make the moment that much more meaningful.
With that in mind, here are some top tips for planning the perfect ‘geeky’ proposal.
- Recreate a previous date. If you’ve been on a wide range of date night adventures, then recreating these magical moments is a great way to pull off the perfect proposal. Think about which dates you had the most fun on, whether they be a simple movie night or visiting the set of your favorite film or TV series.
- Choose the right ring. Finding the right ring for your partner is also important, especially as they’ll be wearing it for years to come. Again, this comes down to their unique tastes, style and interests more than conventions. Choose something you know they’d love to wear, such as one of the 10 carat diamond rings from WhiteFlash.
- Make your own comic strips. If your big fans of comic books, then you could make your own comic strip that features cartoon versions of yourself and your spouse, alongside some of their favorite characters. Then, at some point within the story, you could work in the proposal!
- Keep your cool. This is perhaps the most crucial step to consider when planning a proposal, as you don’t want to slip up or ruin the surprise because you let your nerves get in the way. If you buy the ring far in advance of your plans, find a good hiding place for it. However, many jewellers will hold onto it for you for a certain time. You should also ensure you keep a clear head on the big day, so you don’t stumble over your words. It may help to plan or rehearse what you want to say ahead of time.
- Try to capture the moment. If you want the moment you get down on one knee to be captured forever, arrange for photographs to be taken ahead of time. For example, you could fill in a close friend on your plans so that they can ‘hide’ and capture the magical moment. Alternatively, you could set up a secret video camera to ensure you get everything on film. You can then display these photos in your home, wedding invites, or simply announce your engagement to friends and family.
Categories: Geeks and Nerds Stuff