Reading the news in the last couple of days I can not believe what one company is doing to shoot themselves in the foot! Around a week ago Chick-Fil-A and its CEO Dan Cathy came out and said “Guilty as charged” when asked about his company’s support of the traditional family unit as opposed to same-sex marriage. This created a social media firestorm as many people spoke out about this story. Of course many people down here in Alabama supported Dan Cathy’s comments and said they will eat at Chick-Fil-A more. But in other parts of the country outside of the bible belt; many people said they thought Dan Cathy’s comments were bigot, backward, ignorant, and disrespectful toward people who had different beliefs. Many people thought this was the end of the story but we were all wrong.
This week The Jim Henson Company announced they would pull their toys that were put into the restaurant’s kids meals. The reason why the toys were pulled was because of Chick-Fil-A’s support of the traditional marriage. When the toys were pulled someone posted this photo telling customers why the toys were pulled. And what a lie Chick-Fil-A pulled!
The PR nightmare for Chick-Fil-A continued to get worse when people discovered they were pretending to be a teenage girl on Facebook. Check out this back and forth on Chick-fil-A’s Facebook page between real people and “Abby Farle”, a Facebook account that was made by a chicken PR flack with a stock image of a teenage girl as her profile picture.
UPDATE: Chick-Fil-A has put out this statement on their Facebook page.
Hey Fans, thanks for being supportive. There is a lot of misinformation out there. The latest is we have been accused of impersonating a teenager with a fake Facebook profile. We want you to know we would never do anything like that and this claim is 100% false. Please share with this with your friends.
Organizations that support same-sex marriage are now calling for people to protest Chick-Fil-A. They are also calling for everyone to end the fast-food chain operations at schools, public events, and sporting events. Chick-fil-A is a successful, private business that trains its employees “to focus on values rooted in the Bible.” It stays closed on Sundays and it has over 1,608 restaurants nationwide and more than $4 billion in sales. But I wonder if the restaurant chain knows that God and the Bible tells everyone to treat everyone equally and with respect. Some Bible Quotes.
- For one man is not different from another before God. For God does not show favoritism. (Romans 2:11)
- But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes. (John 2:11)
- If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. (John 4:20)
- Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. (John 3:15)
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. (Ephesians 4:2)
- Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
I wish people and companies would start treating everyone with dignity and respect no matter what they believe in. So if someone who is Muslim and started working at Chick-Fil-A decided not to participate in a prayer; would they be fired? If a same-sex couple decided to eat inside a Chick-Fil-A; would they be asked to leave? These are some questions that is needed to be asked. This controversy is not going to stop me from going to get food at Chick-Fil-A. Their chicken and desserts are awesome! I am sure many people who support same-sex marriages will probably be back at Chick-Fil-A soon. Just like these people in this video!
This whole issue right now sums up the major problems going on in America right now. Everyone is way too divided in this country over many issues from the size of government, gun rights, abortion, Congress, and even the president. Everyone sees the negativity everyday on blogs, forums, and on comments. Maybe the people in America will come together again one day. Or we might not be living in a United States of America much longer. And for the people who does not support same-sex marriage. What if all of the car insurance companies supported the rights of same-sex couples. I would enjoy seeing you walking on the side of the road just like Willy Wonka would.
- Kudos to Chik-Fil-A (conservativeeducator.com)
- Support ‘National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day’: July 25th (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook? [Chick-Fil-A] (gizmodo.com)
- Can Mayor Dyer Ask Chik-Fil-A To Leave Orlando? (thedailycity.com)
- Muppets cut ties with Chick-fil-A (wnd.com)
- Chik-Fil-Gay Sammich (thedailycity.com)