The apple tree at the apartment complex I live at is producing a lot of apples right now! So far, I have collected several apples from the apple tree.
And in this recipe post, I decided to make an apple pie! Fresh apples from a nearby apple tree makes this apple pie delicious! Here is what you need.
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel, core, and slice eight apples. Do not cut apples ahead of time as they will brown!
2. Melt butter in saucepan, and add flour to form a paste.
3. Add white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. At boil, reduce and let sauce simmer, stir occasionally.
5. Place one pie crust on bottom of pie tin, and fill with cut apples. Pour sauce over the sliced apples.
6. Place second pie crust on top of apples. Seal both pie crusts together. Sprinkle top with some cinnamon and cut some silts on top of the pie!
7. Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, and let bake for 35-45 minutes.
8. Take out of oven, and let cool for several hours!
That’s it! Add some whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy a mostly homemade apple pie!
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff