This year in Oxford Alabama, the familiar big red guy along McIntosh Road is back! Avery Robertson is back playing the role of Santa Claus in a decked out house including Santa’s Sleigh, giant wooden white reindeer, Christmas decorations, and a chance for the kids to sit in Santa’s lap! Avery goes out each night and waves to the traffic passing by along McIntosh Road in Oxford. He even encourages the passing traffic to honk their car horns, he will wave back at you!
It takes many Christmas decorations and flood lights to make the entire yard look like a Christmas wonderland. Santa will be out every night through December 23rd from 5:30-8:30 pm. On Friday and Saturday nights, everyone can enjoy hot chocolate, cookies, and much more! On Friday December 20th at 5 pm, Santa Claus will fly in via a rescue helicopter from Tanner Health Systems! In the video and photos below, you will see that helicopter including kids in Santa’s lap and the Christmas decorations!
Everything is free, and bring your own camera! To find The Robertson’s home along McIntosh Road, go south from exit 188 at Interstate 20 along Leon Smith Parkway, about two miles down the road, the house will be on the right! To learn more about Friendship Santa, go to: https://www.facebook.com/Friendshipsanta
- Friendship Santa Is Back For The 2013 Christmas Season (geekalabama.com)
- NE Alabama / NW Georgia Christmas Parade List 2013 (geekalabama.com)
- The Clear Plan 2030 Results; Why East Alabama Must Improve Its Workforce (geekalabama.com)
- Sunday Discussion: Spirit of Anniston, Christmas Parade, Anniston/Oxford Chaos (geekalabama.com)
- Anniston Christmas Parade 2013 (geekalabama.com)
- Christmas on Noble: Icetastic 2013 (geekalabama.com)