This recipe is going to be a geeky one. And for you Doctor Who fans, you will like this! I wanted to make something that would resemble a TARDIS. And this cupcake recipe is perfect! This could be a big hit at a Doctor Who viewing party especially this November! Here’s what you need!
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Gummy bears
- Blue food coloring
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and oil in a bowl and mix well! Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. After mixing, add drops of blue food coloring into the batter. Add as many drops as you want to make it as blue as you want it!
3. Pour batter into the muffin tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Let the cupcakes cool completely!
5. Mix together butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and cream ingredients together!
6. Add the frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes!
In Doctor Who, one of the Doctor’s favorite foods is the Jelly Baby. These candies are almost like gummy bears. Since you can not find jelly babies, put a couple of gummy bears on top of the cupcakes!
Enjoy these cupcakes, they are good!
- Fabulous Doctor Who Cupcakes (betweenthepagesblog.typepad.com)
- Waiting for the 50th: Funny Moments from Doctor Who (fractalwonder.wordpress.com)
- Petition to Place TARDIS on White House Lawn for Doctor Who 50th Anniversary (astronaut.com)
- The Doctor Saves the Day with a little Geek Love (notthesingularity.com)
- Rainbow Frosting Cupcakes (cupcakepedia.com)
Categories: A Guy's Cuisine Cooking Stuff