Last week, I made cookies and cream cupcakes! And since I had plenty of stuff leftover to make even more cupcakes. I decided to make some chocolate cupcakes! These cupcakes have a deep chocolate flavor and they are topped with a cream cheese frosting made my me! To get started, here’s what you need!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the frosting, you will need
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and butter. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in another bowl. Then combine all ingredients together in one bowl and mix well!
2. After mixing ingredients well. Pour batter into each muffin cup. Do not fill all the way to the top as the muffins will rise!
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-17 minutes. After baking is done, check middle with a toothpick to make sure it’s done.
4. Let cupcakes cool completely; then combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, softened butter, and milk in a bowl and mix well. Top each cooled cupcake with frosting!
That’s it! These cupcakes were a hit from the people who got them, enjoy!
- Making Cookies and Cream Cupcakes / My First Cooking Video! (geekalabama.com)
- Gooey Center Chocolate Cupcakes (scoutforfood.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Yourself! Tasty Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes with a delicious Chocolate Frosting (sugarandspicebaking.com)
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes. (+ a giveaway!) (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with a Twist (rpointofview.wordpress.com)
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff