This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
This is an airport tycoon simulator being created by fans for fans of aviation. In this game, you will play through 150 years of history of air travel. You will develop your own airport within the framework of historical progress: from the very beginning of civil aviation to the near future. You can try to build an airport in various conditions. Each new game session will differ from the previous one. Like in the old-style PC tycoon games, the player can set up a lot of parameters to the world before building the airport:
- Economy parameters: initial funds, market prices, bank interest, costs, and income.
- Customer settings: various types of airlines (international, domestic, low-cost) and passengers.
- Even more options: locations, initial year, special limitations, wind power, research difficulty.
We have seven eras of aviation in the game, from the very beginning of civil aviation to the near future. You can play through the entire story or choose any era to start from:
- The Beginning (from 1910): Airmail, air circuses, attempts of passenger flights
- Dawn of Airlines (from 1920): First regular flights and services
- Noontide of Propellers (from 1940): Multi-engine liners, more passengers and cargo
- Turbo Streams (from 1950): First turbojets, significantly increased traffic
- The Magnificence of the Sky (from 1970): New services for passengers, huge planes
- Fly Everybody (from 2000): Affordable prices, low-cost airlines, fast-paced operations
- Jet Shine (from 2020): Alluring future: mass supersonic, sub-orbital flights, electric vehicles.
As of November 6th, this project has raised $9,000 of their $45,000 goal. This project has 44 days left to raise the $45,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $5, you will get project updates. For a pledge of $20, you will get a digital copy of the game. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwelders/sky-haven?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff