Tomorrow is the Alabama primary election day. On Tuesday, you will be voting for statewide offices, legislators, and county offices. And this year, there are a few changes you need to know about before you go out and vote. First, polling locations are open from 7 am to 7 pm, so you have 12 hours to vote. And this time around, several polling locations will have new voting machines. And instead of connecting an arrow, you will be filling in an oval. Also, many voting locations have changed, to see the location of your voting location, call 1-800-274-8683 or go to: https://myinfo.alabamavotes.gov/VoterView/PollingPlaceSearch.do
This year when you go to vote, you better have a photo ID, since the laws proving who you are when you go vote have changed! When you go to vote, only these types of ID will be valid.
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License
- Valid Alabama Nondriver ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID Card
- Valid State Issued ID (Alabama or any other state)
- Valid Federal issued ID
- Valid US passport
- Valid Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County, Municipality, Board or other entity of this state
- Valid student or employee ID from a public or private college or university in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid student or employee ID issued by a state institution of higher learning in any other state
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Tribal ID
You probably have seen this PSA if you watch local TV in Alabama.
Also, if you see voting fraud or something wrong at a polling place, report it by calling 1-800-274-8683 or by going to: http://www.stopvoterfraudnow.com/
That’s it! Exercise your constitutional right and go vote on Tuesday! To see the sample ballots in your county, go to: http://alabamavotes.gov/ElectionInfo/2014SampleBallots.aspx?a=voters