This is one of those recipes that is perfect for Summer time and your grill! I don’t know of anyone who does not like eating a juicy burger, well maybe except some vegetarians. This recipe involves making a cheese and bacon stuffed burger! Usually, you would put that special burger on a burger bun bought at a grocery store. But I will not put a special burger on a store-bought bun. So I also made a homemade burger bun! I also made a cooking video showing you how to make the homemade bun and stuffed burger, watch below!
Here’s what you need for the homemade burger buns:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
1. Heat up the water, milk, and butter in a saucepan. Then add to mixture containing yeast, sugar, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of flour.
2. Add one egg and stir well. Add 1/2 cup to one cup of flour at a time and stir well! Then knead dough on floured surface until its smooth and elastic.
3. Form pieces of the dough into a shape of a burger bun. Then let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After resting, bake the buns for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Here’s what you need for the burgers:
- Ground chuck or round
- Your favorite cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
4. Take some meat and form it into a burger patty. Then add some cheese and bacon but do not overstuff! Add a second patty on top and then combine well so everything stays inside!
5. Cook burgers over medium heat for 5-10 minutes on each side. Then enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these! The homemade buns makes this burger worth every bite!
- Homemade Hamburgers (inspiredlifewithjess.wordpress.com)
- Mini Cheeseburger Sliders (kissmyingredients.com)
- Burger Buns and Bacon Sarnies (themondaybaker.co.uk)
- Smokey Cheddar Filled Burgers (bitemyblog.com)
- Top 10 burgers around the country (eatocracy.cnn.com)
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff