Welcome to the Crowdsourcing Mornings segment! Every weekday morning, Geek Alabama talks about and features one crowdsourcing project from crowdsourcing sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and others. The hope with Crowdsourcing Mornings is to feature and help a project be successful and reach its fundraising goal. Please enjoy today’s featured project!
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
Making a difference. Inspiring change. Showing compassion.
Today more than ever, we need children’s books that empower and inspire others to be kind. The books in this new series are filled with stories of kids who are making the world a better place by following their hearts and chasing their dreams. Some are helping the earth, others are advocating for people or animals. All are proving that you’re never too young to make a difference!
We need more children’s books that celebrate differences! Children learn about individuals who are different from them by reading diverse books like these, which encourage inclusiveness, empathy, and respect for all types of people. This series is perfect for families and teachers looking to add inclusive books to their libraries.
You will be helping increase diversity in the world of children’s books by supporting this project.
The mission of this series is to:
- Inspire others to make a difference.
- Encourage others to go after their dreams.
- Represent children with disabilities, so that they see themselves in books, alongside their peers.
- Advocate for our environment, animals and people who need support.
- Showcase important charities, foundations and organizations that support the environment, animals and people.
- Share the stories of diverse young people from around the world.
- Empower children to find their passion and take action to make a change.
Why do you need these books?
- They teach kids about the power of resilience and believing in yourself.
- They show children that they can accomplish great things.
- They encourage meaningful conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- They celebrate the differences among us. We are all different and that’s good!
- They teach students the importance of representation by highlighting children with disabilities.
- Suggestions on how your kids can help are provided in each feature.
As of April 7th, this project has raised $15,000 of their $17,498 goal. This project has 4 days left to raise the $17,498 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $12, you will get two eBooks. For a pledge of $22, you will get one book. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stacycbauer/champions-for-change-and-heroic-kids?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff