In November the school library inside Ashville Elementary School caught fire. The fire was sparked from a heating unit inside the library’s wall. The fire caused significant damage to the school’s library. All of the books were damaged from the fire, and the smoke, and the water involved. So the school is holding a fundraiser to replace all the destroyed books from the fire. They have partnered with Book Warehouse at the Shops of Grand River in Leeds. Now through January 1st you can drop off any books at the store. Or you can buy books at the store that can be used at the school. Money donations are also being accepted. No child should go without a book at a school! So please do help!
- 2012 Year In Review: Top Music / Songs (geekalabama.com)
- My Thoughts On The Sandy Hook Shootings (geekalabama.com)
Categories: Local Scenes Stuff