Welcome to the Crowdsourcing Mornings segment! Every weekday morning, Geek Alabama talks about and features one crowdsourcing project from crowdsourcing sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and others. The hope with Crowdsourcing Mornings is to feature and help a project be successful and reach its fundraising goal. Please enjoy today’s featured project!
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
We recognize that climate justice is fundamentally connected to all other forms of justice. Everything is a climate issue now. So join us in remaking everything.
The social media landscape is changing, and there is a need a creator first platform to ensure their voices are heard. We aim to create an online social experience free from harassment and free from bigotry. A place that promotes connection, mutual aid, and transformative action at a critical moment in history – centered in joy, justice and action.
And we’re not alone in our search and need for a new platform. In just three weeks we have:
- Created a waitlist of more than 30,000 people who have raised their hand to join us
- Connected with more than 300 creators who have raised their hand in wanting to contribute and are eager to bring their dedicated audiences from across the internet and across the globe
- Onboarded over 200 people into our Creator Council — with a collective reach of more than 3.2 million direct followers on Twitter
We are building a new platform designed to reclaim power from the scorched earth policies of billionaires on a warming planet. We are building a world that needs to exist because there is no time to waste.
We want to do better. We’ve seen how easily platforms can fail the people that rely on them. We are working with the community to build with their needs in mind, and this is what we’re bringing to you:
- A community of vetted creators
- A safer more inclusive social network platform with dedicated moderators and explicit community guidelines
More opportunities to interact and connect
- Subscribe to newsletters, listen to podcasts and discover underrepresented creators and justice leaders
- Live online and in-person events. Project Mushroom will host Q&As, interviews, and community meetups both on its platform, and in-person across the globe
Easy to use interface
- Features that lift up creators that have been historically marginalized
- Creator tools for climate and justice leaders to setup, customize, and distribute newsletters, podcasts, events and other community incentives for both experienced and new creators
Project Mushroom will amplify and lift up diverse voices in justice & action. We are building a creator-first platform where users can easily find, discover and interact with each other on a safer, more inclusive platform.
Not only will the safety of our creators and users be our top priority, we’ll also make it easy to join with a complete automated onboarding process aimed to help bring over your community from existing online platforms.
Your funds will help us build Project Mushroom into a modern, robust, and easy to use platform. The more funds we secure, the faster we can launch Project Mushroom and the larger reach we can have. To make this concept a reality, all Kickstarter funds will directly support the development of the platform paying people from marginalized backgrounds for their labor – including hiring UI & UX designers, site engineers, product managers, and community leaders.
Once we’re up and running, our community will continue to be funded by:
- Vetted advertisers that share Project Mushroom’s values, and are actively making a contribution to global justice & climate action without selling or using personal information.
- Supporting community members that continue to donate as they wish, who will receive additional benefits such as premium content, free access to live events, and the knowledge that they are helping curb the climate crisis and promoting global justice.
As of November 21th, this project has raised $30,000 of their $200,000 goal. This project has 24 days left to raise the $200,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $8. you will get early access. For a pledge of $50, you will get voting access. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectmushroom/project-mushroom?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff