In the last few years, people have been spending more time watching online videos than before. As a result, video has become a crucial part of social media, and brands have started adopting video marketing to the long-term social media content marketing strategy. Video drives content on the internet now and will continue to do the same in the future. So, you must find a way to add videos to your social media marketing across different platforms.
According to a report by Zenith, between the five years of 2013-2018, the average time rate that people spent online watching videos increased by 32% every year. It is also predicted that people will soon be spending as much as 100 minutes per day watching online videos. Putting this into perspective adds up to 25 days in a year. That’s massive! This is why marketers are paying more attention to videos as part of their social media strategy.
Thankfully, there are different types of videos that marketers can use on social media. They are not limited to creating well-polished educational videos or TV-style ads. As a brand or marketer on social media, there are a few things that you must know about video marketing on different social networks.
The importance of social media videos for businesses
Irrespective of your niche or the size of your business, you have to take social media videos seriously if you are not doing that already. There’s a lot of business growth that you are missing out on if you fail to leverage video marketing for social media. If you ask an avid user of Instagram or Facebook about how important videos are, they will tell you that it is a crucial part of their social media lifestyle.
As social media videos continue to grow, brands have also started to experiment with them by creating brand videos. Here are some numbers compiled by dissertation writing services that you need to look at if you are not convinced about the importance of social media videos yet.
- Twitter users access 93% of Twitter videos on the go using their mobile devices.
- Branded YouTube video content has had double the number of views in the last few years.
- Between 2016 and 2017, Facebook saw a massive increase of 258% in brand video views.
- In comparison to photo tweets, video tweets have a 6x more chance of being retweeted by viewers.
- Facebook live videos get 10x more engagement than regular Facebook videos.
- More than 80 percent of Instagram users rely on Instagram live videos to help them decide whether or not to buy a product or pay for a service.
- As of 2020, Instagram stories had 400 million users viewing every day.
- Eighty percent of marketers using video marketing on social media report getting a satisfactory ROI from video ads on social media.
Tips for social media video marketing
To help you succeed with video on social media, here are a few tips compiled by college papers online that you can try out.
- Upload native videos
Facebook is an ideal platform for engaging your target audience with video content. However, you must share the videos on Facebook directly, rather than posting links directing them to YouTube. This is because native videos on Facebook perform ten times better than YouTube links. Native videos on Facebook get as much as 110% more comments and 478% more shares, so it’s a no-brainer that you have to prioritize uploading native videos to Facebook. It appears that Facebook prioritizes native videos posted on the platform than links to other platforms like YouTube.
There are two reasons why native Facebook videos could be performing better:
- Native videos are played automatically while users scroll down their feed while users need to play YouTube videos manually.
- The native videos play within the Facebook environment, but you have to exit Facebook to watch the YouTube videos.
These factors play crucial roles in the overall experience of the Facebook user, making native videos vital to Facebook as it is for the users.
- Share value-oriented, short videos
If you want to get more engagement from social media videos, make them short and value-oriented. These videos can help attract attention to your brand, improve organic reach, and increase brand awareness when you do this. Short videos are increasingly becoming popular because they are effective.
Here is the recommended timeframe for videos on different platforms to give you the ideal result:
- YouTube video: 2 minutes
- Facebook video: 1 minute
- Twitter video: 45 seconds
- Instagram video: 26 seconds
What makes short videos so effective is because they are easy to consume. They do not take much time, and they deliver the content from the onset. Users want instant gratification from the content they consume on social media, and short videos give them. These videos provide people with the valuable information they are looking for without spending much of their time. They can be consumed on the move and through mobile devices.
An easy way to leverage short video content on social media is by creating how-to or tutorial videos teaching viewers how a product works or the solution to a problem. Make sure that the video touches and addresses their pain point quickly. This approach is going to help you:
- Keep your viewers engaged and also make them come back to see more videos.
- Build a stronger relationship with your existing audience and followers.
- Increase your social shares and give your more followers on your Instagram account.
This means that it is more fun, less intimidating, and more effective for you to focus on creating short videos rather than long video content.
Video content is fast becoming the most important type of social media content. You are doing yourself a disservice if you are not using video content on social media. All of the information in this article is geared towards convincing you about the importance of video content with tips on using it effectively.
Categories: Geeks and Nerds Stuff