This recipe was inspired by Jiffy Mix Brands. As you know, Jiffy is an inexpensive brand of cooking mixes you can buy in the grocery stores. The CEO of Jiffy, Howdy Holmes provided some information about this great American company on the website Policy Mic. Every time you go down the baking aisle of the grocery store, you see those ironic blue Jiffy boxes. Some of Jiffy’s mixes like the corn muffin mix are classics. But Jiffy makes a lot of other mixes life muffin mixes and a baking mix.
Did you know that Jiffy sells 55% of all muffin mixes in the Untied States. Did you know that Jiffy does not spend money on advertising and refuses Wall Street to run the company. Did you know that Jiffy treats its employees with dignity and respect. The average salary for a production worker is $47,000. Jiffy Brands makes great products that many people love without being obsessed with profit. This company is a breath of fresh air that is needed in America. By the way, read the Policy Mic article about Jiffy Mix at: http://www.policymic.com/articles/30626/7-reasons-this-muffin-mix-can-save-america
So I bought myself a box of Jiffy All Purpose Baking Mix. And I decided to make a recipe that anyone could do. Plus this recipe is healthy as it uses apples! Here’s what you need!
- 1/2 cup Jiffy baking mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup (half-stick) softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups apples, peeled, sliced
1. Combine the brown sugar, Jiffy baking mix, quick oats, and softened butter in a bowl. Mix well! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel then slice apples. Combine sliced apples with sugar and cinnamon. Mix well!
3. Pour apple mixture into greased pan. Then pour/sprinkle crumbled mixture on top of apples. Place in oven for 35-40 minutes.
4. Take out and let cool completely!
There you go, enjoy this Apple Crisp! I have plenty more Jiffy baking mix to use!
By the way: I was not paid to write this post. I just like using Jiffy products!
- Saving America…one muffin at a time (pcmdragontech.wordpress.com)
- Jiffy Mix Cornbread Breakfast Egg Casserole (afridgefulloffood.typepad.com)
- How to Stop Wasting Thousands of Dollars a Year at the Grocery Store (dailyfinance.com)
Categories: A Guy's Cuisine Cooking Stuff