Welcome to the Crowdsourcing Mornings segment! Every weekday morning, Geek Alabama talks about and features one crowdsourcing project from crowdsourcing sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and others. The hope with Crowdsourcing Mornings is to feature and help a project be successful and reach its fundraising goal. Please enjoy today’s featured project!
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
It’s time to demystify all the popular misconceptions about autism! Joe Biel and Dr. Faith Harper (co-authors of The Autism Relationships Handbook) team up to answer all your questions, large and small.
The Autism FAQ is a resource for autistic and non-autistic people who want to understand autism better. The co-authors bring their expertise, humor, and firsthand knowledge to shed light on a type of human experience lived by 1 in 59 people (or maybe even more!).
There aren’t nearly enough books by and for autistic adults! When Joe, the co-author, came out as autistic at age 31, people started to ask questions, and they are still asking. This book answers questions big and small, including:
- What is autism?
- What is it like to be autistic?
- Are there more autistic people now than there used to be or is it just diagnosed more often?
- How can I get officially diagnosed?
- How do I get along with the autistic person in my life?
- What are common problems autistic people face?
- Why would anyone have a problem with stimming?
- What should I do when raising an autistic child?
- Is [insert common myth about autism] true?
- Can autistic people be empathetic?
- What is the best thing that being autistic has taught you?
- And so many more!
This is a collaboration by Joe Biel, Microcosm’s autistic publisher, Dr. Faith G. Harper, a therapist with a specialty in neurodivergence. Their previous books together—The Autism Relationships Handbook, How to Be Accountable, and Unf*ck Your Writing—combine wit, brain science, and tons of personality to make culturally loaded concepts clear and easy to put into practice.
As of June 27th, this project has raised $4,400 of their $4,000 goal. This project has 21 days left to raise as much as it can. For a pledge of $10, you will get one eBook. For a pledge of $15, you will get one book. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microcosmpublishing/autism-faq-everything-you-want-to-know-about-autistic-life?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff