Peter Vardy have analysed 1,143 cars from 50 popular romance movies, revealing the carmaker and model is the most popular movie motor for on-screen love affairs.
Read More: https://www.petervardy.com/news/valentines-day-cars
With Valentine’s Day less than a week away, many of us will be celebrating the season by indulging in some of our favourite romance films. For the motorheads among us, a great romance film is only made better by the choice of cars included.
In the spirit of love, Peter Vardy investigated the cars appearing most frequently across 50 popular romance films to reveal which is the most romantic ride.
Movie Makers Think Ford Is The Most Romantic Car
|Carmaker||No. of Appearances|
Peter Vardy’s research found that Ford is the most romantic car brand of all, with 183 cars featured across all 50 romance films. Models include the iconic Ford De Luxe; the lightning striped motor was driven by Danny Zuko in the T. Birds vs Scorpions Thunder Road race in Grease. The automatic, systematic and hydromantic motor was designed by Eddie Paul, a legendary crafter of movie cars whose work can be seen in Taxi, Cars and Fast and Furious.
The most common Ford model across all 50 romance films, however, was the Ford Crown Victoria. Typically, the sedan plays the part of a taxi ready to drive one key love interest away from another after conflict.
Taking a proud second place is Chevrolet. With 120 appearances in roles such as Johnny Castle’s hot road ride in Dirty Dancing, it’s no surprise to see the American classic manufacturer a romance favourite.
Iconic appearances from other brands include:
- Cadillac: Landing roles such as the bright pink Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado. In True Romance, the car plays the role of escorting Alabama Whitman and Clarence Worley to the City of Angels after committing various crimes.
- Mercedes-Benz: Appearing 3r times across 50 romances, none are as iconic as Daniel Cleaver’s blue 280 SE Convertible when he’s whisking Bridget away for the weekend in Bridget Jones’ Diary.
The Lincoln Town Car is Romance Movie Maker’s Favourite Car Model
Peter Vardy have also gathered the data to reveal most common models in romance movies:
|Car Model||No. of Appearances|
|1||Lincoln Town Car||13|
|2||Ford Crown Victoria||12|
|7||Lincoln Town Stretched Limousine||6|
With 13 appearances across 50 films, the Lincoln Town Car is the “most romantic” car model. The iconic and luxury sedan has appeared in romantic flicks such as Bridget Jones’ Diary, Ghost and Love Actually. More notably, it’s the cruiser that belongs to Chief Swan in vampire-flick Twilight.
Chevrolet are popular enough in romance films to have 3 different models grace the top 10:
- Chevrolet Camaro: Belonging to Landon Carter in A Walk To Remember
- Chevrolet Impala: Witness to a steamy kissing scene in Baby Driver
- Chevrolet Caprice: A police car attempting to catch Murray in Groundhog Day
Even in modern films, it’s clear that romance movie makers love a classic car.
Categories: Automotive Talk Stuff