What if I told you the gaming industry generates more revenue than USA’s most famous HOLLYWOOD every year. Yes, you have heard that right. In 2020 alone, the gaming industry all around the world generated over 155 billion USD and the number will reach 260 billion by 2025.
The video game industry works in the development, marketing, and monetization of gaming. Every year this industry employs thousands of people from all around the world.
If you have an interest in designing video games and you want to build a career in this field but have very little knowledge about game designing, then I can suggest to you some game design software and blogs that if you follow, you can build a highly successful career in the gaming industry. Or you can hire the Top UNITY 3D Development company for designing games for you.
Top 5 best game design software for beginners:
1: UNITY game-making software: UNITY game-making software is the best platform for beginners to learn about the basics of video games, graphics creations, and 3D animations. The best part is that it comes with both a free version as well a paid version. And it doesn’t require you to download any additional graphics or scripts. You can contact the Top UNITY 3D Development company to design games for you.
Some of the advantages of using UNITY is:
- The software provides video tutorials. Watching them will help you learn how to use the software and design games you desire.
- It has the biggest export support. It is compatible with LINUX, Windows, and macOS.
- UNITY provides the experience of creating virtual reality-based games.
2: GameMaker Studio 2: It is one of the most favorite and easy-to-use software for the games because it requires no coding language and provides its drag and drop feature. So it becomes really easy for the developers to design games on this software.
Some of the features of GameMaker Studio is:
- After game designers have designed the game, they don’t need any modification before publishing across different platforms.
- When you complete designing, you can send your game to the game maker. They will analyze the game using advanced graphics and algorithms to detect similarities to their existing games and finally try to emulate the game using its code.
- Users can keep track of how many players are currently using their game while they are using GameMaker.
3: Unreal Engine 4: I believe it is the most professional video game creating software in the market. It allows the user to make professional-level games using the highest quality visual and sound effects quickly even for users who have very little knowledge about coding.
Some of the attributes of Unreal Engine is:
- It allows users to use some excellent features like debugging, game previews, and reloading.
- Unreal Engine allows the users to use tutorials for beginners to understand game development in depth.
- Unreal Engine uses artificial intelligence to provide special features like Post Processing Effects to the user.
- The best part is Unreal engine is free to use open source game developing software which is very easy to download.
4: GameSalad: GameSalad helps to build interactive games. It is one of the most user-friendly software for windows and android operating systems. Booger Boing and Beyond Solar Trailers are designed in this software and they rank among the top 100 games in the play store.
Some of the features of GameSalad are:
- Game developers can use features like in-app purchases and ads and can earn money from their designed apps.
- Once you have designed a game on GameSalad, you have all the rights and ownership of the product.
- Games designed in GameSalad can help in both entertainment as well as education. It helps to make students understand computer programming.
5: Stencyl: It is one of the most popular software to make 2D games for mobile, tablets, and desktops. It has a user-friendly interface that helps beginners to understand better. Developers can use pre-existing characters from their library and can also create their own characters.
The best part is developers can embed ads in their games to earn money. It is also free game development software. You can purchase the paid version which comes with some additional features.
These are the best 5 game design software for beginners who want to join the gaming industry as a developer. Now I am suggesting to you some of the best blogs which you need to read regularly. It is important to keep yourself updated about the latest games that are coming on the market.
- GameSpot: GameSpot is one of the most favorite websites for video game lovers across the world. Some say it is Wikipedia for gamers. The members of this website post their thoughts and feedback on every game that pre-exists and also the new ones. This website also contains a different number of categories like PC gaming and Xbox One.
- Gamasutra: If you are looking for knowledge and education about game creation, then Gamasutra is a great website for you. It is loved by many professional game developers and aspiring ones also. This website also publishes articles on art, audio, marketing, and video game development.
- Kotaku: Kotaku is one of the oldest gaming blogs in the market. It has been reviewing video games and daily news since 2004. You can find reviews on the latest video games, news, tips with added humor by the authors of Kotaku. Though their main source of income is product sales and affiliate marketing.
- Imagine Game Network: IGN was released 21 years ago and is still one of the most favorite platforms for gamers. It mainly focuses on video games and the entertainment market. Imagine game Network is also awarded by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most visited video game website. You can find gaming tips, facts, reviews, and articles on the latest video games.
- PlayStation Blog: This blog is the official blog of PlayStation. This website publishes every PS-related news including PS4, PS5, and PS VR. And if PlayStation is your only point of interest then this website will provide you with all the latest news about the gaming leader of the world.
Hope this information will help you with all of your queries.
About The Author
Hermit Chawla is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs which is Web design and Development Company, helping global businesses to grow by top responsive web design services. He loves to share his thoughts on Social Media Marketing Services and Game Design Development etc.
Categories: Geeks and Nerds Stuff