This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at:
Wouldn’t it be nice to bring back the good old days of couch multiplayer games but online? Friends and family, all together, sitting -virtually- next to each other, laughing and competing on great retro games.
Piepacker is a new multiplayer gaming platform to play retro games with friends on your web browser. It comes with a constantly growing pre-built catalogue of more than 60 awesome retro games from the NES to the PlayStation 1. To make the online living room experience complete, we included a video chat to see and talk to the people you are playing with:
- Users create an account and play multiplayer retro games online
- No installation required, directly in your Chrome browser.
- Use our magic URLs: share the room link with friends, they click, you play together. Your friends don’t even need an account.
- Integrated video chat with game-themed AR 3D masks
- 60+ licensed retro games pre-installed & ready to play!! From the NES to PS1.
- …or bring your own games digitally (ROM) [for Premium Members] or physically, thanks to our proprietary cartridge reader: the PieReader.
As of May 20th, this project has raised $192,000 of their $75,000 goal. This project has 1 day left to raise as much as it can. For a pledge of $40, you will get one 6 month digital pass. For a pledge of $100, you will get one lifetime pass. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/piepacker/piepacker-online-multiplayer-for-retro-games?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff