UPDATE: Since the episodes have now aired, I can talk about my thoughts about these episodes. Click the link to ready my thoughts about the first two episodes. http://geekalabama.com/2013/11/23/my-thoughts-on-the-princess-twilight-sparkle-episodes/
So before I begin, I know My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has a huge fanbase. A lot of people can’t wait to see the season 4 premieres. Before I review these episodes below, you should know this. I have already seen the first two episodes of season 4. Below, I am going to talk about these episodes without most spoilers! I am only talking about things that have been officially released on Discovery Press Hub and the Hub Network social media accounts. You will not learn anything else about these episodes because I will not tell you, you have to watch my friends! For the ones who don’t want to learn anything about these episodes, stop reading now! SPOILER ALERT!
It has been a long pony drought for the My Little Pony fans. The season three finale was way back in February. And other than the Equestria Girls movie, fans have relied on comics and fanart to get by. Thankfully, the drought is almost over everypony! In my case, my drought ended two weeks ago. I have already seen the first two episodes of season 4 and let me tell you, they were worth the wait! To get things started, don’t look for much changes in the intro. The music is the same, and most of the animation is the same, except for the end!
In these first two episodes titled “Princess Twilight Sparkle”, you will of course, see Twilight Sparkle performing her royal duties. And the other Mane 6 ponies will be working together to save the day once again! Both episodes were written by Meghan McCarthy, and she did an amazing job writing these episodes. After you watch these episodes, you might be giving a standing ovation! In this picture posted by the Hub Network, Twilight looks beautiful in stained glass! You should know which pony said this.
In “Princess Twilight Sparkle- Part One” —Princess Twilight is busy adjusting to her new wings and new role in Equestria when Celestia and Luna go missing. Meanwhile, her friends are all having unusual troubles of their own and it will take all of them working together to help find the missing royals. That’s right, Princess Celestia and Luna go missing, I thought the way they went missing was interesting, you will have to watch to see how they were kidnapped.
In “Princess Twilight Sparkle – Part Two” —The ponies need to put the rest of the puzzle pieces together to find Celestia and Luna before it’s too late. Their journey becomes even more dangerous when they must travel deep into the heart of the expanding Everfree Forest and learn stunning news about the Elements of Harmony. And the news about the elements is stunning all right! There is a lot of action packed into this 30 minute episode, you will love it!
So, I thought these episodes were great! The animation was top-notch and the voices were great. The storytelling was excellent, you will get drama, suspense, and comedy in these two episodes, you will never know what comes next! There will be a couple of scenes where something dramatic is happening and you get that short comedy tidbit. Below are five things I have learned after watching the first two episodes. And no, you will not see any new spoilers other than the ones already released by the Hub Network. I am trying to hype up these episodes so you will watch!
1. A lot of people including myself were hoping we would get to see Twilight learning to fly, especially from Rainbow Dash. In these first two episodes, you get your wish! You will see plenty of Twilight learning to fly in these episodes! Even today, the Hub Network released a picture showing Rainbow Dash teaching Twilight to fly, you will like what happens!
2. A lot of people were concerned about Twilight becoming a princess. I talked about that controversy in the past and now it seems like most people are accepting of Twilight’s new status. Twilight has to balance her royal duties with time with her friends. After you watch these first two episodes, you will be impressed on how Twilight handles the princess role. And Spike is a great assistant to Princess Twilight. I think Princess Celestia made a wise decision!
3. If you have seen the promos, then you know that Discord will be in these episodes. I can confirm that he is in these episodes, and he is freaking hilarious! I think this is the funniest you will see Discord in the entire series, so far. And in the updated intro, look for Discord in it, he only appears for a few seconds. Zecora is also in these episodes, her role in these episodes will be very interesting, what you see will be interesting for sure.
4. A lot of people were hoping we would get to learn more about the history of Equestria in season 4. Well, the first two episodes will feature some great history. In these episodes, you will learn a lot about the Elements of Harmony. The elements will lead to something much bigger that will surprise you when you watch these episodes. If you saw Equestria Girls, there was a big reason Twilight had to go get her crown in the human world, it will be shown in these episodes. A lot of pony artists will be busy after these episodes are shown!
5. Speaking of artists, in these two episodes, there will be two big facts shown. One fact will define a lot of season 4, this fact even surprised the Mane 6. The other fact that will be shown will force most pony artists to make a couple of changes. I love going to Equestria Daily to see the drawfriend stuff and the comics. Since I have already seen the episodes, I have viewed some of the past artwork and already see the things that will have to be changed. Watch and be amazed!
I can’t wait to talk about these episodes more once they are shown on the Hub Network, I will be talking about them in more detail
on the next Animation Monday Saturday after the two episode season 4 premeire! And of course, the rest of season 4 is going to be great, I can’t wait to see that superhero episode! During the episodes, I will be live tweeting at https://www.facebook.com/nvyoung and on Twitter @nvyoung. Writer Meghan McCarthy will also be live tweeting!
The season 4 premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic airs on Saturday November 23rd at 10 am Eastern / 7 am Pacific on the Hub Network. Learn more about the show at: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic
All images and videos copyright from Hub Network
- Seven Random Things About Me Nathan Young (geekalabama.com)
- My Review of SpongeBob, You’re Fired (geekalabama.com)
- Learn More About The There’s No Place Like Home Campaign, Plus A Giveaway (geekalabama.com)
- Sunday Discussion: East Alabama The 5th Poorest Area In America (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday: Interstate 20/59 Needs To Be Moved (geekalabama.com)
- The Evening Post: Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special Second Trailer (geekalabama.com)
Categories: Animation Talk Stuff