I wanted to do a simple and quick recipe that I know you would enjoy. Why not make some simple homemade sugar cookies with a cream cheese frosting on top. These cookies were soft and chewy! This could be something you can do during the long Memorial Day weekend! Here’s what you need:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of dough and place onto a baking sheet; then bake for around 10 minutes.
4. Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, softened butter, and milk in a bowl and mix well.
5. After letting cookies cool completely, place some frosting on each cookie.
Enjoy! These were good!
- Making Cookies and Cream Cupcakes / My First Cooking Video! (geekalabama.com)
- Making Yummy Chocolate Cupcakes (geekalabama.com)
- Fun Foods for Memorial Day (baptismalgownsplus.wordpress.com)
- Sunny Citrus Sugar Cookies (dizzybusyandhungry.com)
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff