Golf is a sport that is good for your body and mood and this year, there are likely to be more people trying out golf this year. Not only is it a great way to socialize but you can also get some exceptional physical benefits from it. In an ordinary game, for a game of golf, you will walk from 5 to 7 kilometres and in fact in a natural environment that favors the relaxation of the mind from the demands of everyday life. Golf is a sport that improves the physical condition of athletes in many ways. You can also opt for using a golf cart to help you get around when the walking becomes too much! You may want to look at https://tcsupfitting.com/atv-utv-golf-carts/. Here are some of the benefits you can get from a game of golf:
- You gain more strength and flexibility , both of which are required to achieve the perfect throw.
- Increases your endurance and energy. A complete golf course consists of 18 holes. This fact shows that your endurance is tested and strengthened not only on the field but also outside the game.
- Helps control weight. As professional players would assure you, golf is a sport that, although quite static, nevertheless improves the cardiovascular endurance of the practitioner and helps to burn several calories in each game.
- You learn to concentrate more easily . Practicing golf improves the calmness of the practitioner and increases self-concentration.
- With the help of simulators, you can learn the game with a coach through online golf lessons.
Four hours of golf was found to be the equivalent to attending a forty 5 minute physical fitness class. According to a study, found in the British Telegraph, golf is able to prevent the occurrence of more than 40 chronic diseases, such as diabetes and cancer. To conduct and finalize the study, researchers conducted more than 5,000 pieces of research on golf and concluded that the popular sport has numerous health benefits for people of all ages. And not only that. Research shows that golf can increase life expectancy by up to five whole years.
With golf, the muscular strength can be greatly improved, especially in older people, while the benefits for the metabolism of players of all ages, as well as for the respiratory and cardiovascular systems are very important.
Golf can also help with the daily life of people with chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes, but it can also strengthen the body of people who have had a stroke or cancer. In addition, golf and the exercise it offers, reduce stress, but also the risk of depression.
“Those who play golf live longer than those who do not, with the former reaping the benefits of their favorite sport. “Golf lowers cholesterol levels in the body, and it can enhance a sense of self-worth and self-esteem,” said Andrew Murray, a doctor at the University of Edinburgh Research Center and lead author of the study. It is also revealed that just 55 million people on the planet – or 1% of the world’s population – play golf, expressing the need to increase these numbers. So perhaps 2020 is the year to start getting sporty again!
Categories: Sports Talk Stuff