Welcome to the Crowdsourcing Mornings segment! Every weekday morning, Geek Alabama talks about and features one crowdsourcing project from crowdsourcing sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and others. The hope with Crowdsourcing Mornings is to feature and help a project be successful and reach its fundraising goal. Please enjoy today’s featured project!
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
Got eating and body image stuff to work on? Whether you’re struggling with a full-on eating disorder, or just want to improve your relationship with food and with yourself, Dr. Faith is here to help. Healing and joy are possible!
Eating is a tricky subject. And as a society, we have a pretty messed up relationship to food, eating, and body image. Harmful, fatphobic messages permeate our culture, our movies, music, and even our medicine, and make it that much harder to develop a healthy relationship with ourselves and our bodies.
Dr. Faith Harper, author of the bestselling books Unf*ck Your Brain and Unf*ck Your Body is a therapist and clinical nutritionist and has helped a ton of clients with eating disorders and disordered eating. She lays out a huge amount of knowledge and perspective in this new book, with her trademark combo of science, swearing, and kind humor.
She walks you through the difference between eating disorders and disordered eating and explains how trauma and other co-occurring conditions—as well as factors imposed on us by society—can feed into unhealthy relationships with food, eating, and our own selves.
Inside you’ll find:
- A comprehensive look at all the forms eating disorders can take
- The causes and consequences of disordered eating
- A measured look at the range of professional treatments and therapies (and some pointers for clinicians and group leaders about how to help more than hurting)
- A whole bunch of practical strategies to help you unfuck your eating, no matter where you’re starting
- Strategies to develop a loving and healthy relationship with your body and self
- A huge amount of compassion for these struggles so many of us live with
As of November 29th, this project has raised $6,200 of their $7,000 goal. This project has 21 days left to raise the $7,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $10, you will get one eBook. For a pledge of $15, you will get one paperback book. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microcosmpublishing/unf-ck-your-eating?