Mmmm… bacon! Bacon is probably the best food on the planet for most people, especially men! And since you see recipes all the time including bacon, I thought I would mix up the traditional bacon recipe, and put bacon into cupcakes! There is bacon in the batter, bacon in the icing, and of course a piece of bacon on top of the cupcake! Here’s what you need!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 5 strips of applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon bacon drippings
- 6 strips of applewood bacon for topping
For the frosting:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons bacon drippings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook 11 strips of bacon on the stovetop, cook all the way through and drain.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
3. Add in the eggs, milk, maple syrup, bacon drippings and stir the batter well!
4. Take five strips of bacon and crumble! Add to the batter and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a greased cupcake pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if the cupcake is cooked all the way through!
6. Combine the butter, confectioners sugar, syrup, and bacon drippings in another bowl, and mix well!
Frost the cupcakes, and add a half piece of bacon on top for a garnish. Enjoy!