For my birthday, I did not go out and buy a cake already made, or bought a cake mix and frosting already made. Of course, I was going to make my cake from scratch! So on this Aspie Recipes post, I am going to show you how I made a homemade chocolate cake, with white frosting! Here’s what you need!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
For the frosting.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs, milk, oil, water, and vanilla extract. Mix for a few minutes until well blended.
3. Grease and flour a cake pan, pour batter into the cake pan, and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it’s done.
4. While cake is cooling, mix together the softened butter, confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Since I used one pan, cut the cake in half. Cover the cake with frosting!
And that’s it, I enjoyed this cake, and you will too!