Since strawberries are in season right now. I wanted to try something that I knew would taste good. So with some simple ingredients you can make this too. And try this after it has been chilled in the fridge. I think it tastes better after getting cold. So here’s what you need!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1. Grease two 9-inch cake pans and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl; combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then add in 2 cups milk mixing until moistened. Then spread batter into the two cake pans. Bake for 15 minutes and insert toothpick to make sure center comes out clean.
3. Cut strawberries in half and put into bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar and mix well. Then let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup into container of whipped topping. Then layer half of whipped topping with half of strawberries on top of one shortcake. Then do the same thing with the second layer.
5. Put in fridge and enjoy!
We all enjoyed this recipe and I hope you enjoy it as well!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (thepurplespoon.wordpress.com)
- Great Chocolate Pie (guyscuisine.com)
- Mint Chocolate Brownies (guyscuisine.com)
- Strawberry Pancakes (guyscuisine.com)
- Fresh Baked Strawberry Pie (guyscuisine.com)