Welcome to the Crowdsourcing Mornings segment! Every weekday morning, Geek Alabama talks about and features one crowdsourcing project from crowdsourcing sites such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and others. The hope with Crowdsourcing Mornings is to feature and help a project be successful and reach its fundraising goal. Please enjoy today’s featured project!
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines
Sweet Home Spirits is a whiskey and vodka maker in Birmingham, Alabama that launched in May 2021. We currently contract distill which means we don’t have a place to call our own!
We’ve worked diligently this past year with a very small staff to win the hearts of customers with our American-made product line! We’re growing fast and we need our own distillery to lower production costs and create an atmosphere for customers to enjoy with their friends and family! We want a place for our customers/investors to share laughs and stories, and especially “Share a Taste of Home!”
- Our bottles are already on shelves at 100+ On Premise and Off-Premise Package stores in Alabama. (see http://www.sweethomespirits.com)
- The stores are located in all major metropolitan areas (Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Mobile, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, etc.)
- The stores range from 40+ ABC stores to the remainder being private package stores along major interstates and highways.
- We are also available at 40-50 Restaurants/Bars in the state of Alabama as well as concert venues.
- Our Sweet Home Whiskey is a bourbon-style mash bill that is finished with varying American toasted oaks to bring a bouquet presented within our bottle. We spent well into a year perfecting our profile, and we could not be more proud of the quality that we’ve achieved. This American whiskey has smooth flavor with just enough rye at the end to give it a little spice.
- Our Sweet Home Vodka is super smooth with no lingering aftertaste. Our 100% corn vodka is three times filtered after a 10x distillation process. We have put a lot of time and distillation to make our vodka as smooth as can be and we have really created a nice product.
- Our Sweet Home Divided is our inaugural batch that honors the in-state college football rivalry. The flavor of our whiskey will have subtle notes of pecan, cinnamon, and green apple on top of a mash recipe similar to the Sweet Home Whiskey, it was our first take on defining the notes that make an exclusively Alabama whiskey.
By not having our own distillery, we’ve been incurring higher production costs. In addition, if we had our own distillery we could also invite our customers onsite. Our first challenge is fundraising enough capital to be able to pay the upfront costs to have our own production facility.
As of June 7th, this project has raised $4,300 of their $4,999 goal. This project has 1 day left to raise the $4,999 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $25, you will get a t-shirt. For a pledge of $250, you will get a goodie bag. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sweethomespirits/sweet-home-spirits-wants-a-home?