How about a southern type recipe. Cornbread is a popular staple in the south. And many people will have cornbread as a side in most lunches and dinners. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make cornbread muffins!
- 2 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
1. Combine cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a bowl and mix together. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter and mix well!
3. Grease muffin pan and add the cornbread mix into each muffin slot.
4. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Check the middle with a toothpick to confirm they are baked through.
Enjoy these cornbread muffins! These go great with any meal!
Recipe of the Day: Cornbread Scrumptious Science: How Does Baking Powder Make Cornbread Fluffy? Food Review: Hardee’s Fresh Baked Buns Guy’s Cuisine: Crock Pot Pork And Bacon Guy’s Cuisine: Chocolate Crinkle Cookies