This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Please read our crowdsourcing guidelines at: https://geekalabama.com/media-kit-pr/geek-alabama-crowdsourcing-guidelines/
A special kind of magic happens when kids gather around a table to play a fantasy role-playing game. Legends are born, friendships are forged, and they begin to experience real-world personal growth. For the past seven years, we have been using tabletop games as therapy to help kids become more confident, creative and socially empowered. We’re ready to help thousands of children around the world, but we need your help!
Critical Core is a tabletop role-playing game designed to help kids on the autism spectrum build social skills and confidence. It’s a great way for parents to engage with their children at home, and for professionals and experienced gamers to use as a group social skills tool. The Critical Core Starter Set has everything you need to play. The game has been tuned to be as easy as possible to get started and stay engaged. What’s in the box?
- Facilitator’s Guide – For parents, therapists, and Game Masters, our best practices on running fun and effective therapeutic gaming groups.
- Player & Game Master Guides – Quick-start rules and playing guides for players and Game Masters.
- Adventure Modules – Tested and tuned to be challenging and fun.
- Dice (4 sets) – One for each player, one for the Game Master. Enough to run a 3 player game out-of-the-box.
- Character Sheets – 4 popular hero archetypes, each with their own unique abilities.
- Game Cards – Not required for play, but helpful aids for both players and Game Masters – Visualization, quick-reference rules, and spell cards.
- Game Tokens – Visualization aids for working with the included map.
- Reusable map – whiteboard marker friendly.
As of April 12th, this project has raised $170,000 of their $48,000 goal. This project has 13 days left to raise as much as it can. For a pledge of $30, you will get a digital version of the game. For a pledge of $50, you will get one starter set. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametogrow/critical-core?
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff