This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
The Chemo Kitchen Cookbook is a collection of recipes written by award-winning chefs, created specifically for people going through taste-change during cancer treatment. Let’s help steal back some joy in food, and win little battles with taste while doctors fight the war. Why is this needed?
- Chemotherapy and other cancer-busting drugs are designed to kill fast growing cells. Great if you’re hunting cancer tumors. Bad if you’re a taste bud.
- Some people suffer unexpected alterations such as ‘metal mouth’ or just unusual taste change.
- For some, taste is wiped out completely.
Doctors are so focused on treatment (rightfully so!), warning people about taste is often overlooked. We’re in the camp where that’s unacceptable. So, meet their cookbook project. To solve the immediate problem, we enlisted award-winning chefs from across the country with the single mission to tackle taste. The Chemo Kitchen Cookbook is a compilation of recipes created by them.
- Most recipes are around 8 ingredients
- 45 minutes from counter to plate
- Created by award-winning chefs
- Engineered for taste-change during chemo
Delicious dishes for people in treatment, sure, but the cookbook also provides an opportunity and place for the outpouring of support from people who want to help and just make a dish or two.
As of July 26th, this project has raised $32,000 of their $40,000 goal. This project has 1 day left to raise the $40,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $2, you will get a digital only version. For a pledge of $35, you will get one cookbook. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/470294888/chemo-kitchen-cookbook-master-chefs-changing-lives?ref=5on87c
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff