This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Personals is a text-based dating and community app for LBTQIA, gender non conforming, genderqueer, non-binary & dykes, based on old school newspaper personal ads. More than just a dating app, it’s about creating a space for community. Personals is about making deeper connections with people who live in your neighborhood or across oceans. Personals is open to LBTQIA+, non-binary, & intersex people. We encourage QPOC, people with children, 35+ crowd, rural queers, people with disabilities, people with chronic illnesses, asexuals, queers worldwide, to join.
Here’s how Personals app works:
- Login through Instagram or your email. You’ll be able to choose whether you want to show your Instagram handle or select a new user name.
- Scroll thru personals from all over the world, or choose a location that interests you.
- Press the heart icon to save your favorites.
- Click the note icon to send a message to the babe of your dreams. Write a friendly message and press send.
- On the Settings page, list your handle, location, age and distance preferences. You can describe yourself and your desires in multiple ways. Personals also allows you to select the type of person and relationship you are looking for. How do you identify? Edit identities and preferences depending on your mood.
- Personals app will be free to use, but we’ll employ the ‘freemium’ model or subscription based model. Still working out payment model.
As of July 9th, this project has raised $34,000 of their $40,000 goal. This project has 4 days left to raise the $40,000 or it will not be funded. For a pledge of $5, you will get a social media shoutout. For a pledge of $25, you will get to write a personal and submit it to the app. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/personals/personals-a-text-based-dating-and-community-app-fo
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff