This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Without a doubt, our most requested project to date has been a full geometry set. We listened, we designed, we waited, we redesigned and now we are ready to launch. With completely re-done scales, updated shapes and the introduction of our new Super Light series, its safe to say we’re really excited to present these to you. The full set is made of 5 pieces:
- C15SL Ruler. SL stands for super light. This ruler is just 0.5mm thick, our thinnest ever. It has been totally redesigned to replace the original C13. New and longer end-to-end scales, yet an overall smaller ruler.
- C31SL Ruler. We’ve swapped the scales round so now both metric and imperial start from the same end. This 0.5mm ruler is incredibly flexible and super strong.
- U-Square Super8. An original design, made to always be carried with you. The size of a standard credit card and featuring end-to-end scales in both metric and imperial.
- Large Square SL. What geometry set is complete without a square in it! The 0.5mm thick square features end-to-end scales, an easy to use protector, a selection of useful circle sizes and our classic compassing holes. It’s the perfect size and thickness to disappear into a notebook!
- Mini Square SL. The large square in miniature, we dropped the circle sizes but kept the protractor and compassing holes!
As an added bonus and a favorite piece of feedback we get all the time – carbon fiber rulers don’t scratch surfaces (unlike metal rulers), so can be used in a huge range of environments with no need to worry about damaging paintwork or anything like that!
As of June 27th, this project has raised £4,000 of their £350 goal. This project has 9 days left to raise as much as it can. For a pledge of £5, you will get one mini square. For a pledge of £28, you will get one full set. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carbon13/carbon-geometry-set?ref=5fl8uz
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff