This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Following in footsteps of classic movies like Bullitt, The Italian Job, and The Fast and the Furious, Getaway Driver puts you in the driver’s seat in a reckless car chase out of town. Getaway Driver is a fast and frantic asymmetric game for 2 players. Play as the Driver – a daredevil motorist with the skills to pull a variety of crazy stunts – racing to get out of town. Or play as the Police – armed with a battalion of equipment and vehicles, and the city itself – working to catch the Driver before she escapes.
Getaway Driver is a tense and strategic game. Each turn, the Police secretly build out the city and move their vehicles, working to corner the Driver and steer them towards the areas of the city that expand the police force. The Driver burns through their stunt cards, picking up stashes along the way. If the last city tile is placed, the Driver escapes out of town. However, if the police increase the pursuit meter to its final space, the Driver is caught. Here are details of the game.
- Completely asymmetric – each side plays completely different, with different abilities and victory conditions
- A unique experience each game – the city will look completely different every time you play
- Setup in 3 minutes – build the city as you play
- Use natural obstacles – the game respects the physical boundaries of your play space – the edge of the table is a cliff, the drinking glass is a lake – use these to your advantage
- Easy to learn – check out the rules or watch a brief how-to-play overview
- Fantastic new art – from acclaimed illustrator, Ryan Goldsberry, set in the Burgle Brothers’ universe
- Pull crazy stunts – swing a handbrake turn, drive on 2 wheels, slam on the gas, or fly over an improvised ramp – all to get away from the police
- Unleash the (police) force – set up barricades, dispatch squad cars, police motorcycles, armored cars, or the unstoppable police helicopter – to ensure the driver doesn’t get away
- Strategic Gameplay – Whether playing as the Driver or the Police, you’ll need more than your tricks and equipment to win – you’ll need to outwit and outmaneuver your opponent at every turn
- Getaway Driver is for 2 players aged 12 and up and takes 30-45 minutes to play
As of June 13th, this project has raised $25,000 of their $8,800 goal. This project has 22 days left to raise as much as it can. For a pledge of $24, you will get one copy of the game. For a pledge of $42, you will get two copies of the game. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uproarious/getaway-driver
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff