This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
Make the road a happier place. The road can often feel like a hostile place full of traffic jams and miscommunication. We’re here to change that! MotorMood is an accessory for your car which lets you say thanks to other drivers at night using a remote controlled light-up happy face in your rear window. Just a single push of the button. A single push of the remote button lights up the happy face for 6 seconds before it automatically turns off.
Choose from 3 colors. Get a blue, pink, or green MotorMood with a matching remote. Here are the features of MotorMood.
- Changeable Faces. With just a twist of the face’s outer ring you can insert new colors. We’re launching with blue, pink, and green, but more colors and faces are coming soon!
- Wireless. Infrared communication between the face and remote ensures a reliable and battery saving experience.
- Backlit Remote. An LED on the back of the remote casts a soft light on your car’s sun visor to let you know how long the face stays lit up.
- Battery Powered. The face uses four AA batteries and the remote uses one coin cell. Batteries last 6 months and are included with the product.
- LED Backlit Display. MotorMood uses a special LED light guide display to create a colorful vibrant image.
- Optimized for Night. We’ve optimized the display’s brightness for nighttime use when simple hand waves aren’t visible.
As of July 1st, this project has raised around $44,000 of their $130,500 goal. This project only has 29 days left to raise the $130,500 or it will not be funded! For a pledge of $19, you will get one MotorMood. For a pledge of $38, you will get two MotorMoods. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/motormood/motormood-a-better-way-to-say-thanks-on-the-road