This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
The Secret Loves of Geek Girls is a celebration of the stories we tell each other but never make public —until now. This non-fiction anthology of text stories and comics features stunning work from an amazing cast of female creators negotiating their way through love, dating, and sex. The Secret Loves of Geek Girls includes:
- Cover Art by Gisèle Lagacé & Shouri
- Art by Renee Nault, Jen Bartel, and Sanya Anwar
- New comics by: Margaret Atwood, Meaghan Carter, Megan Kearney, ALB, Jen Vaughn, Meags Fitzgerald, Gillan G., Diana Nock, Roberta Gregory, Laura Neubert, Sarah Winifred Searle, Natalie Smith, Jenn Woodall, Mariko Tamaki, and Irene Koh.
- Illustrated stories by: Kate Leth, Janet Hetherington, Sam Maggs/Selena Goulding, Megan Lavey-Heaton/Isabelle Melançon, and Cherelle Ann Sarah Higgins/Rachael Wells
- Text stories by Brandy Lynn, Stephanie Cooke, Diana McCallum, Jen Aprahamian, Katie West, Adrienne Kress, Soha Kareem, Loretta Jean, J.M. Frey, Trina Robbins, Twiggy Tallant, Rachel Deering, Hope Nicholson, Crystal Skillman, Marguerite Bennett, Soraya Roberts, Emma Woolley, Gita Jackson, Renee Nejo, Natalie Zina Walschots, Alicia Contestabile, Tini Howard, Cara Ellison, Jess Oliver-Proulx, and Erin Cossar.
- Reprinted comics by: Gisele Lagace and Danielle Corsetto.
The Secret Loves of Geek Girls is a 6” x 9” softcover, approximately 220 pages, mixed art and text. The Secret Loves of Geek Girls anthology is written for the geek girl who wants information and stories on dating and love. It’s a compilation of tales told from both sides of the tables: from the fans who love video games, comic books, and sci-fi, and those that work behind the scenes: creators, and industry insiders. The Secret Loves of Geek Girls collects successes as well as embarrassments, examines the fandoms that we ship, and reassures us that no matter what we’re going through or have gone through, we are never alone.
As of June 29th, this project has raised around $42,000 of their $30,160 goal. This project only has 29 days left to raise as much as it can! For a pledge of $4, you will get one digital copy. For a pledge of $20, you will get one digital copy and one physical book. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hopelnicholson/the-secret-loves-of-geek-girls
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff