This is Crowdsourcing Mornings! This post takes place every weekday morning and highlights one crowdsourcing project I liked from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other crowdsourcing websites.
The creators of Viticulture and Euphoria bring you Between Two Cities, a partnership-driven, tile-drafting, competitive city-building game that 2-7 players can play in 20-25 minutes. Designed by Ben Rosset and Matthew O’Malley and developed by Jamey Stegmaier, Between Two Cities caught the attention of Stonemaier Games thanks to the unique intersection between cooperative play (build cities with 2 partners) and competitive play (only 1 winner). You can experience the way Between Two Cities blends the gameplay of 7 Wonders, Carcassonne, Alhambra, and Among the Stars by checking out the rules and the free playtest version of the print-and-play files.
Between Two Cities is a complete game with a full set of linen-embossed tiles and custom wooden tokens, but they have some exciting stretch goals planned in case they exceed the minimum print run of 1500 copies. They’ll release the full list of stretch goals 24 hours after launch in the first project update! Why pledge now?
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide you don’t like Between Two Cities within 1 month of receiving it, you can return it for a full pledge refund. They’ll even pay for shipping.
- Limited Availability: They don’t do Kickstarter exclusive items, but they’ll only print a limited number of the special edition as based on the final pledge totals.
- Make It Better for Everyone: The more stretch goals they reach, the more enhanced and beautiful the game will be!
- They Listen: they treat backers as collaborators–they truly value your input as they put the finishing touches on the game, and they promptly address all questions and ideas.
- Localized Shipping: Their shipping fees for Kickstarted games are so low because they send games in bulk to fulfillment centers around the world. This is your chance to lock in the lowest possible shipping rate.
- Backers Come First: You’ll get your copy of Between Two Cities well before it enters traditional distribution channels. Remember that retailers can be backers too!
- They Need You: They’ve covered the cost of graphic design, art, and development for Between Two Cities, but they can’t manufacture and ship the game without your support.
As of February 26th, this project has raised around $70,000 of their $20,000 goal. This project only has 18 days left to raise as much as it can! For a pledge of $29, you will get one copy of Between Two Cities. For a pledge of $39, you will get one copy of the special edition Between Two Cities. To learn more and to pledge money, go to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameystegmaier/between-two-cities
Categories: Crowdsourcing Mornings Stuff