This is one of those videos you need to see! Chipotle Mexican Grill released The Scarecrow, which is a great commercial that works as both a strong critique of corporate greenwashing and factory farming, as well as an inspirational reminder that there is always another, better way to live, work and eat. The ad follows a scarecrow as he goes to work at what looks like a bucolic, picturesque farm, but the viewer quickly learns that this is just the “greenwashed” logo of a big, industrial food processor. As the scarecrow works around the facility, he witnesses the cruel treatment suffered by the animals, such as being injected with growth hormones and being held in small cages.
Seeing the sad chicken and cow was heartbreaking! The background music is performed by Fiona Apple who covers “Pure Imagination” from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This video is one of the most beautiful and haunting commercials you will ever see, and you should see it by clicking play below! It’s worth your time!
This video shows you the behind the scenes from making The Scarecrow.
- Chipotle depicts the brutal automata of factory farming in animated short featuring Fiona Apple (theverge.com)
- Chipotle ‘Scarecrow’ a moving, impressive ad (upi.com)
- Chipotle’s New Ad “The Scarecrow” Goes Viral (webpronews.com)
- Popular Dystopian Burrito Campaign Implies Chipotle Is Not a Giant Fast-Food Chain (theatlantic.com)
- Chipotle’s Brilliant New Anti – Factory Farm Ad, With Fiona Apple Singing Willy Wonka’s “Pure Imagination” (fastcoexist.com)
Categories: The Evening Post Stuff