Sure, the same old cheese sticks are yummy at first. But after a while, it gets old. So today I kicked up the average cheese stick recipe to make it spicy! These cheese sticks are spicy and you will feel some heat in the back of your throat after eating them! Here’s what you need!
- Monterey Jack (Pepper Jack) cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch salt / pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Combine water and egg and mix well.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper into bowl and mix well.
3. Moisten each cheese stick in egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumb mixture. I usually like to double coat each cheese stick.
4. Fry the cheese sticks in the hot oil (medium heat) for around 30 seconds. Drain on a paper towel.
Here are some spicy cheese sticks, enjoy!
- Spicy Cheese on Toast (sejal1215blog.wordpress.com)
- Pub Cheese Dip (culinaryease.com)
- Spicy Mexican Cheese Fondue (happyvera.wordpress.com)
Categories: Aspie Recipes Stuff