This week I did something a little more complicated. It took a few hours to make the bread but at the end the taste is worth it. And on the plus side I have plenty of bread to give away.
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast is frothy.
2. Mix in eggs, milk, sugar, butter, salt, and raisins. Then stir in the flour and yeast and mix very well into a stiff dough.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes. Place dough in a large greased mixing bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise until doubled.
4. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk. Then spread cinnamon sugar mixture onto dough.
5. Roll up dough into a roll. Cut into thirds if you want. Then let dough rise for one hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Bake for 45 minutes and take out when its lightly brown on top. Check inside to see if it’s done. Let cool then slice!
As you can see I made one very big loaf. I did not split the loaf into three’s. I will have plenty of bread leftover’s to give away.
Enjoy some sliced bread with some butter and some milk. This bread is very good and this was a great project.
- Raisin Pull Apart Bread – Part 1 (averilgomes.wordpress.com)
- Raisin Pull Apart Bread – Part 2 (averilgomes.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Bread (21nogluten.wordpress.com)
Today I am going to talk about another cartoon that has gained a huge adult following. This show’s fans are often called “bronies”. Yes I am talking about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This show premiered when The Hub lunched in 2010. And it has gained a huge audience. This show was mostly developed to help Hasbro sell toys based off the show. And its original target audience was girls and families. But I am sure that The Hub and Hasbro had no idea this show would gain a huge following.
MLP:FIM has a well written story-line that includes plenty of jokes that is aimed at adult viewers. Plus the show has made plenty of references from older TV shows and movies. Plus the show has plenty of songs that makes all of its fans happy. Lauren Faust is the creator and one of the producers of MLP:FIM. She has also worked on cartoons like The Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. She is also surprised that this show has garnered a huge adult fan base. A great thing this show does is it listens to its fans. It has written several stories and characters by just listening to their fans. That is a huge plus to any show. Even one fan used My Little Pony to do a physics presentation.
There is even a website that is devoted to all things My Little Pony. The site called http://www.equestriadaily.com/ hosts plenty of fan art and story lines from My Little Pony. The show is likely to go for a long run. And there is plenty of My Little Pony left to be told. Hasbro has also done a great job of promoting the show through TV, online, and its toy lines. MLP:FIM does a great job putting plenty of geek storylines into the show. The Hub took advantage of this by doing a spoof iPhone ad.
And If I had kids I would enjoy watching this show with them. The show is on its second season and a third season is in development. You can catch My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic on The Hub.
I really do hope this is the future of animated shows. Shows like Adventure Time; Phineas and Ferb; SpongeBob Squarepants; and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has done a great job of putting plenty of humor and music into their shows that everyone in the family can enjoy. Animation Monday (the most popular weekly topic) is one of the weekly topics that is going to carry over when we relaunch Young’s blog (new name) on April 1st. How nice would it be if I can get an animator to interview. Of course if any animators reading this would like to be interviewed please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s make the blog relaunch a great success!