Today has been an exciting day. An fellow blogger nominated me and Young’s Blog for The Versatile Blogger Award! This is the first award for Young’s Blog and I know it will not be the last. This blog has only been online for half a year now and I have been amazed with the readership stats and the comments I have received. And the beginning of 2012 is going to be great for Young’s Blog. Next week comes a huge event as Young’s Blog is going to be on TV! One of the local Birmingham TV stations; ABC 33/40 is coming out next week to do a story. I can not wait for that! I guess I am going to have to tell them about this award.
In accepting this award, I am obligated to:
1. You need to thank the person who nominated you.
2. You must spread the love to 15 more blogs that you follow and enjoy.
3. You have to share seven things about yourself.
First off I would like to thank the blog http://fourbluehills.com for nominating me for the award. That blog is based in the Big Horn Basin in Wyoming which is a great place to visit. I used to work in Cooke City, MT one summer near Yellowstone Park and visited towns like Cody and Powell often. If you ever go to Yellowstone during the summer months visit Cody, Wyoming as they do daily rodeos and their downtown has a western theme to it. And drive the Beartooth highway (US 212) as the scenery is breath taking.
The second part of this is to share seven things about myself that might surprise people. Here is my list:
1. I am a huge road geek. Yes I enjoy driving on roads; taking pictures of road scenes; keeping up with stories involving roads; and yes I draw roads as well. (look at my drawings page) I even collect old traffic lights and roadway reflectors. Most people that have seen my drawings while I was in school thought I was weird.
2. I am also a huge train buff. Since I was little I always loved looking at trains. We used to live right next to a train track and when the RR lights came on I ran to a window to look at the train going by. I even would go down a road along a train track to chase a train. But I always do not cross in front of a train. I even take photos of trains as well.
3. Living in the south you have to enjoy food. I might enjoy a little too much food but you can not have enough tasty food. Some popular foods in the south is BBQ and things fried like chicken fingers. I enjoy cooking meals and things and I also enjoy eating ice cream; french fries; and breakfast foods especially bacon. As I am writing this around dinner time I think I know what I am doing for dinner tonight. I love being a foodie!
4. Living in Alabama you always have to pay attention to the weather. Alabama is home to the most diverse weather in the world. You can have everything from snowstorms; icestorms; hurricanes; flooding; extreme winds; and even tornadoes. Alabama has a long way to go to recover from April 27. My favorite local meteorologist is James Spann and yes I am also a huge weather geek and did I mention I really love snow!
5. I am also a huge animal lover. No I am not a vegetarian but I was raised by my mom to respect animals. My mom used to raise a wide assortment of animals such as chickens; turkeys; quail; turtles; and fish as well. Not to eat but to have as pets and for the eggs. My mom has also rescued a couple of dogs and cats and the current dog Georgina is always happy went I go visit my mom’s house. I always have been a dog lover as most dogs always love seeing me and wants lots of love.
6. I also like keeping up with local and world current topics. With my new DSLR camera I like going out to local events or scenes and taking photographs. I post many of the events and scenes on Young’s Blog. I also keep up with local and world news very often. I even talk about some news topics on this blog. My belief is you need to know what is going on in the world. Because one day it might just impact you. My favorite time of the year is Christmas and I have taken a lot of Christmas themed photos.
7. The final thing is I am a huge animation/cartoon fan. Yes I know that I am 25 years old but I am always amazed in the hard work it takes to make a cartoon. A cartoon can do many things an average TV show can not do. Some of the cartoons I like are The Simpsons; Family Guy; and Star Wars The Clone Wars. My favorite cartoon is Phineas and Ferb. The writing and music in Phineas and Ferb is awesome and that show just never gets old!
The above would make a great new about me page. The one personal thing I talk about is autism awareness. Yes I do have Asperger’s Syndrome (high functioning autism.) And I might have struggled through school almost failing. But the blog I run and participation in social media always keep me up and about. You always have to enjoy life! And to never give up. And I want to thank all of you out there for reading Young’s Blog!
The last part of the award is to name 15 blogs that I follow:
The Miao Chronicles http://littlemiao.wordpress.com/
Indulge – Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/
Sweet Pea’s Kitchen http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/
Lessons from Teachers and Twits http://rasjacobson.com/
My. Travel. Map. http://mytravelmap.wordpress.com/
A Sweeter Thing http://asweeterthing.com/
Day By Day the Farm Girl Way http://littlesundog.wordpress.com/
Girl Meets Bulgaria http://girlmeetsbulgaria.com/
Never Done It That Way Before http://neverthatway.wordpress.com/
An Expatriate With A Camera http://anexpatriatewithacamera.wordpress.com/
Two Good Eggs http://the2goodeggs.com/
A Curious Endeavor http://acuriousendeavor.com/
Never Say Never http://neversaynever1.wordpress.com/
Dash of Martini Photography http://dashofmartini.com
And while I am at it here are the main websites I follow daily:
Geek Dad http://www.geekdad.com/
Geek Mom http://www.geekmom.com/
Anniston Star http://www.annistonstar.com/
Gadsden Times http://www.gadsdentimes.com/
Talk Weather http://www.talkweather.com
AA Roads Forum http://www.aaroads.com/forum/
Toon Zone http://www.toonzone.net/
Signal Traffic Forum http://www.forums.signaltraffic.com/
Wrong Planet http://www.wrongplanet.net/
- Reprise: The Versatile Blogger Award (le0pard13.com)
- Nominations For The Versatile Blogger Award Here (swansongsandprose.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award, Versatile Blogger Nomination (tessf.com)
- On Getting the Versatile Blogger Award (jajsamos.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (myintelligentlife.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Awards (happinessnest.wordpress.com)
- I was given the Liebster Blog award! (skyeblaine.wordpress.com)
- My First Award! (bewitchingkitchen.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (ranaarmoush.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (stacydymalski.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (poetwhispers.wordpress.com)